Courses available for government subsidy
Subsidised Training List
The Subsidised Training List (STL) shows the range of courses that may be subsidised through the South Australian Government's WorkReady initiative.
The STL is routinely updated and released to add new and replacement courses and to reflect changes in policy. The STL also displays information about funding conditions and the number of places available to providers for the funding period. Funding periods generally run for six months and are announced and communicated via the STL.
Training Providers must always check the current version of the STL when enrolling students.
Guide to terms used on the STL:
- - (Dash) - no Training Accounts may be created for new students.
- ASBA & TGSS - Training Accounts may be created for eligible students on an on-demand basis who either have an Australian School Based Apprenticeship (ASBA) or who are undertaking Training Guarantee for SACE Students (TGSS). The training allocation for ASBA & TGSS students is in addition to any identified training places.
- Fee free – identifies the course where no Student Course Fee can be charged.
- Foundation Skills Course - courses determined by the Minister, from time to time, to be Foundation Skills Courses.
- No New Enrolments (Superseded) – indicates the course is superseded. The date represents the end of the period in which all students’ training and assessment must be completed and the relevant certification documentation issued; or students are transferred to the replacement course. This is usually 12 months from the date the superseded course was replaced on the national register (training.gov.au) unless specified otherwise by ASQA.
- No New Enrolments (WorkReady) – Training Providers cannot create training accounts after the No New Enrolments date.
- Non-TAFE SA Places - the number next to each course (if any) will reflect the number of Training Accounts available to Non-TAFE SA Training Providers.
- Non TAFE SA - TGSS Only - Approved Non-TAFE SA Training Providers may only create Training Accounts in these courses for school enrolled students who have an approved TGSS or ASBA arrangement in place.
- Projects - Courses available through WorkReady Qualification Projects.
- Quotas - Courses available through WorkReady Qualification Quotas.
- TAFE SA Only - subsidised training places are only available through TAFE SA.
- TAFE SA Places -the number next to each course (if any) will reflect the number of Training Accounts available to TAFE SA.
- TGSS – Training Accounts can only be created for school enrolled students (16 and above) undertaking TGSS arrangements. The TGSS allocation is in addition to any training places listed on the STL.
- TGSS Approved Course - identifies the course is available to be delivered under TGSS arrangements.
- TGSS Only - Training Accounts can only be created for students undertaking TGSS arrangements.
- Training Contract Only - identifies the course is only available where training is through a Training Contract, including under ASBA arrangements.
- Unlimited - Training Accounts can be established on-demand where course conditions (i.e. Training Contract Only) are met if the course is on the Training Provider’s Schedule.
Subsidised Training List 3.0 (STL 3.0)
The details of this release refer to Subsidised Training List 3.0 effective from
1 July 2017.
6 new courses have been added to the Subsidised Training List shown below.
||Advanced Diploma of Policing
||Certificate III in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
||Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
||Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care Practice
||Certificate III in Water Industry Treatment
Additional courses available to private providers
Additional training places have been made available to non-TAFE SA providers in the 20 courses shown below. In some cases conditions have been changed to accommodate the additional places, see Subsidised Training List 3.0 for more details.
||Certificate III in Agriculture (Dairy Production)
||Certificate II in Meat Processing (Abattoirs)
||Certificate III in Meat Processing (Boning Room)
||Certificate III in Meat Processing (Food Services)
||Certificate III in Meat Processing (Meat Safety)
||Certificate III in Meat Processing (Rendering)
||Certificate III in Meat Processing (Slaughtering)
||Certificate III in Meat Processing (General)
||Certificate III in Meat Processing (Smallgoods - General)
||Certificate II in Business
||Certificate III in Cleaning Operations
||Certificate IV in Bookkeeping
||Certificate IV in Information Technology
||Certificate IV in Web-Based Technologies
||Certificate III in Furniture Finishing
||Certificate III in Glass and Glazing
||Certificate III in Soft Furnishing
||Certificate III in Upholstery
||Diploma of Beauty Therapy
||Certificate III in Logistics
No New Enrolments – Courses removed
127 courses that have passed their ASQA No New Enrolment date have been removed from the list
See the full list of courses removed.
Planning process for Subsidised Training List release
Read the WorkReady Planning Process for a high level overview of the planning process undertaken by the Department of State Development to support the release of the STL.
Apply to add a course to the Subsidised Training List
To apply to have courses added to the Subsidised Training List, complete the Application to add courses to the Subsidised Training List form. Once completed, email your application to WorkReady@sa.gov.au.