Whether you are undertaking training with a government training provider, a private registered training organisation or an employer, things can occasionally go wrong.

Perhaps you are not getting the training you expected or there are issues with the workplace. Whatever the problem, there are people who can help you access the right resolution process.

Problems with your Training Provider

Steps to making a complaint

  1. If you are not satisfied with the quality of training provided by your Training Provider or how it is delivered, you should firstly talk to your training provider. If you are still not satisfied, you should lodge your complaint in writing directly with the training provider. Your training provider will have a complaints process that you should follow in the first instance.
  2. Contact the Infoline on 1800 506 266 or email us at workready@sa.gov.au if there are reasonable grounds that your government subsidised training does not meet expectations, or the training is not being delivered in the manner described by the Training Provider in their Code of Practice. Our team will talk to you and direct you to the appropriate body or organisation.

Other useful contacts

Office of the Training Advocate

The Office of the Training Advocate provides independent advice and support if you have any questions or concerns relating to vocational education and training. The Training Advocate can also speak for you or negotiate on your behalf to resolve your training related problem or dispute.

If they are not able to help you, they will also refer you to the most appropriate authority to deal with your issues.

Call 1800 006 488 or visit the Office of the Training Advocate.

Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA)

The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) can investigate certain types of complaints about training providers. Complaints might relate to the:

  • information provided to you by a training provider in courses
  • delivery and assessment of the training you have received
  • qualifications you have or have not been issued.

Anyone can make a complaint: students, training organisation personnel, employers, parents, industry personnel, or any other member of the community.

Read more about making a complaint to ASQA or call ASQA on 1300 701 801.

Problems with your apprenticeship or traineeship

From time to time there may be issues or points of dispute between apprentices or trainees and their employers. Information and support is available.

If you are an apprentice or trainee see Resolving issues with your apprenticeship or traineeship.

If you are an employer see Resolving issues for employers of apprentices and trainees​.

Problems in the workplace

If you have problems with your pay and entitlements and your rights and obligations under awards and enterprise agreements, visit the Fair Work Ombudsman.

If you have problems with occupational health and safety, visit SafeWork SA.

For information and advice about consumer rights and protection

Consumer and Business Services (previously Consumer and Business Affairs) can help when you think you have been misled or deceived by a business.

Call 131 882 or visit Consumer and Business Services.

For information and advice about equal opportunity and equal employment issues in South Australia

The Equal Opportunity Commission can help if you think you have been discriminated against.

Call 1800 188 163 or visit the Equal Opportunity Commission.

Print Page

Please help us improve our website by rating our page.

How useful was this page?

Thank you for rating our page.

I would like to give more feedback.

Welcome to Skills for All

Welcome to our new website for career, training, apprenticeship and traineeship, funding and workforce information. Training providers and apprenticeship and traineeship users can log in to STELA, ATIS and their Skills for All Provider Application from this home page.

For information about Department of Further Education, Employment, Science and Technology policies, science, research and digital technology services, and news releases visit www.dfeest.sa.gov.au.

For help to find what you need, call our Infoline on 1800 506 266.