Find what to do and who to contact if your registered training organisation closes unexpectedly. Help is available to get records of your completed training, change training providers, find out about your VET Student Loan, and for apprentices and trainees.

Getting information

When a training provider closes, we encourage you to ring our Infoline on 1800 506 266. We can tell you the latest information for students affected by the closure. We can provide contact details for the Administrator and any organisations you may need to contact, depending on your circumstances.

Support and advocacy

If you have paid money for training not received, or need assistance, support or someone to speak on your behalf to resolve a complaint or dispute with the closed training provider, call the Office of the Training Advocate on
1800 006 488 or visit Office of the Training Advocate.

Finding another training provider

If your training provider closes, you can continue your training with a different training provider. You will generally need a Statement of Attainment that shows what training you have completed. You can show your Statement to your new training provider and receive credit for the training you have completed. For information on alternative training providers and how to transfer, call our Infoline on 1800 506 266.

Training records, Statements of Attainment and Certificates

If your training provider has closed, the Administrator holds student records at first, then provides them to the Australian Skills Quality Authority. For access to your training records you can enquire through the website of the Australian Skills Quality Authority, or call 1300 701 801.

Apprentices and trainees

If you are an apprentice or trainee, we can help you and your employer find an alternative training provider so you can continue your training under your training contract. You will need to vary your training contract to take account of the change of training provider. We will write to apprentices and trainees and their employers affected by closure of a training provider to offer assistance. For traineeship and apprenticeship information and support, call 1800 673 097.

School students

If you are a school student, talk to your school. We will work with your school to help you continue your training.

VET Student Loans

The Australian Government has put a tuition assurance scheme in place to protect and support students if a VET FEE HELP/VET Student Loans course or provider closes.

If a provider stops providing a VET course of study, or closes, tuition assurance allows enrolled students to complete their course at another provider. The Australian Council for Private Education and Training and TAFE Directors Australia are the two approved tuition assurance operators. If your provider closes, the relevant tuition assurance operator will contact affected students and provide assistance.

For more information, contact the HELP Student Enquiry line on 1800 020 108 or visit

If you believe you may have a VET FEE-HELP or VET Student Loans debt you should not have, or feel you have been treated unfairly by your VET FEE-HELP or VET Student Loan approved provider, visit the VET Student Loans Ombudsman or call 1300 362 072.

Print Page

Please help us improve our website by rating our page.

How useful was this page?

Thank you for rating our page.

I would like to give more feedback.

Welcome to Skills for All

Welcome to our new website for career, training, apprenticeship and traineeship, funding and workforce information. Training providers and apprenticeship and traineeship users can log in to STELA, ATIS and their Skills for All Provider Application from this home page.

For information about Department of Further Education, Employment, Science and Technology policies, science, research and digital technology services, and news releases visit

For help to find what you need, call our Infoline on 1800 506 266.