Sign up to a Training Guarantee while you’re at school. As part of your South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE), or equivalent senior secondary certificate, you’ll put yourself on a pathway to a job or trade.
How the Training Guarantee for school students works
The Training Guarantee for SACE students enables you to start training for your Certificate III pathway at school.
You’ll earn credits towards your VET qualification and SACE (or equivalent), and complete work placement for on the job training.
Course fees for TGSS Approved Certificate II qualifications are fully subsidised. You’ll pay some course fees towards Certificate III qualifications and pay incidental fees for personal items such as tools, clothing or other training materials.
Students eligible for the Training Guarantee
To be eligible for the Training Guarantee, you must be:
- 16 years or over, and
- enrolled in SACE (or equivalent) at school and already completing, or have completed, VET or work placement that is related to your pathway.
You are guaranteed a funded place at a Training Provider when you leave school if you:
- complete the SACE (or equivalent), including at least 210 nominal hours of nationally accredited VET plus 140 hours of relevant work placement, and
- plan to complete a Certificate III (or higher) at a Training Provider, and
- do not plan to take a break or ‘gap year’ after finishing school.
WorkReady offer for school enrolled students
At first enrolment, the maximum WorkReady offer for school enrolled students (including TGSS, ASBA and ICAN students) comprises:
- one course selected from Certificate II level, and
- two courses selected from Certificate III to Advanced Diploma.
The first enrolment in WorkReady is defined as the first enrolment on or after 1 October 2015.
The WorkReady offer for school enrolled students excludes:
- bridging units
- Foundation Skills courses
- Jobs First Employment Projects.
Schools remain responsible for ensuring that students have adequate language, literacy and numeracy skills, and for the provision of adequate support to enable successful completion of the training course.
Completion of WorkReady subsidised courses will count towards the student's WorkReady offer.
School enrolled students may only have one open Training Account at a time.
Start a Training Guarantee pathway
If you’re a school enrolled student:
- Speak to your school’s career counsellor or VET coordinator to ensure you meet all the eligibility criteria.
- You, your school and the Training Provider will draw up a formal Education and Training Plan with your parent/guardian also needing to agree to this.
For schools and Training Providers
If you're a school career counsellor or VET coordinator, there is a Form A to complete for SACE students and a different Form A for non-SACE students.
If you're a Training Provider, there is a single Form B to complete for both SACE and non-SACE students.
For more information about VET in schools, please visit the SACE website.