Projects to expand wellbeing and wrap around support services
The South Australian Government is supporting two projects to expand wellbeing and wrap around support services before and during training, and for graduates transitioning into work.
The Learner Support grants focused on improving:
- access to high quality support services for learners with specific needs – including mental health, neurodiversity, disability, gender identity, cultural identity and sexual identity – before, during and after training
- the capability of training providers to identify need, develop supportive learning environments and refer learners with specific needs to appropriate supports
- connections between training providers and service providers to support learners with specific needs.
Learner Support projects
Aboriginal cultural capacity development for RTOs
Develop the cultural competence of RTO staff, including educators, in Aboriginal culture to enhance cultural safety for Aboriginal learners. The project also helps staff to work with students who are neurodiverse or need support for their disability or mental health.
Delivered by Tauondi Aboriginal Corporation.
Diversity and inclusion for RTOs and employers
Develop knowledge and skills of RTOs and employers to create inclusive work and learning environments and engage diverse learners and staff. Non-accredited training will focus on mental health challenges and learners who experience barriers due to cultural identity, gender identity and sexual identity.
Delivered by Sonder Care.
About the grant
Learner Support grants focus on projects that design and pilot new models of support to meet the specific needs of learners in training settings and or support VET graduates transitioning to employment.
Focused on improving the safety and inclusiveness of VET learning experiences in training and on the job, successful projects will design and deliver models in partnership with specialist subject expertise from conception to completion, and target learners who:
- are neurodiverse and/or,
- have a disability and/or,
- face mental health challenges and/or,
- may experience barriers due to gender or to sexual, cultural or gender identity.