Applications have now closed for Skill Shortage Solutions grants. These grants will support projects that tackle skill shortages in key areas including defence trades, cookery, bricklaying, concreting and saw technology.
About the grant
Skill Shortage Solutions support projects that collaboratively address skill shortages at an industry, sector, regional or workforce level through partnerships that develop and pilot industry informed, customised, or localised skills solutions.
A core feature of successful projects will be strong partnerships that demonstrate how stakeholders drawn from across relevant industry bodies, professional associations and unions, regional and community organisations, employers, and training organisations will work together to develop and implement solutions.
Supporting immediate action the grants target priority areas:
- Priority Trade Solutions – cookery, bricklaying, saw technology, concreting
- Women in Trades Training Solutions – strategies to attract, retain and develop trade opportunities for women across the state
- Strategic Skills Solutions – trade and technician occupations in shortage with strong future skills demand such as defence
Applications closed 5:00pm (ACST), Friday 28 April 2023
Applications will be assessed on:
- value for money
- partnership governance and co-contributions
- rationale and evidence for the solution
- project design
- project outcomes
- evaluation approach
- past performance.
Whatever your question, we're here to help. Give us a call on 1800 673 097 or send an email enquiry via the form.